Music Lab computers:
I am working with IT to make decisions about the computers that are going to either move or be replaced in the Center for the Arts. Here is the update.
1) The reference desk computer will be replaced, by popular demand, with a newer-ish iMac. Now is the time to make sure you have all of your important personal files backed up and suitable files ready to transfer to the Mac. There might be some growing pains as PC formatted documents need to be Mac-ulized, but this will hasten our transition to an almost entirely Mac-centric lab which will give us benefits in consistency, speed and reliability (yes, I'm a fan!)
2) The 13 iMacs in the carrels will move directly to the Carrells in the new Lab with the addition of the 5 from 216F
3) The 2 circulation computers might be replaced . . . we'll see about that
4) The library look-up computer is scheduled to be replaced
5) the Kronos computer will probably just get moved over. It might be replaced when Banner takes over payroll functions in the future.
6) The Attendance Reporting computer will change as these functions move over to Banner for the Fall semester. Hopefully this will end our reliance on Soviet-Era technology for this job and we might find that faculty will be able to check their own class lab hours in the new system. Brad and I are particularly excited about that part . . . but we'll see what actually happens!
That's the update for now. I will keep you up to date as things progress.
This sounds great. And I say, "The more Mac's, the merrier."
ReplyDelete