The intra-communications site for Music Lab faculty and staff at Pasadena City College

Monday, January 12, 2015

Spring Semester Update

Welcome back everyone!


Everything seems to be in good shape at the beginning of the 2015 Spring Semester. Here are a few notes to get you up to speed:

Recording & computer gear:

  • There are 5 new Pro Tools 11 iMacs in the lab in place of the old Pro Tools 9 iMacs (stations 20-24).
  • The old iMacs have been moved and re-provisioned as general use macs in the lab (now stations 14-19)
  • I'm waiting for Mat Camara to link these computers to the class Project folders ("handoff" and Dropbox") 
  • I plan to add one Pro Tools 11 iMac in Room L as the permanent in-room recording setup. This might take a little more time as we wait for some equipment to get set up.
  • For mobile recording we have a new MacBook Pro with Pro Tools and a simple 2in/2out USB interface, well suited for simple 2 channel recording. I'm working on a checkout contract and procedure for this computer and the higher-end microphones we have. I'll get everyone up to speed when it's all set to go.

Please let me know if there are any problems with any of these machines.

Forced Air Unit noise:

The air handler on the 2nd floor has broken down. Because of this the air handler unit in our lab ceiling area is working overtime and making a lot of noise. Facilities is working on it and should have it solved soon.

Attendance Computer:

The CITrack computer only came online this afternoon and should be working correctly now. please let me know if there are any further problems.

In case anyone asks..... Faculty should be getting weekly Lab Hour reports starting on Friday, but there is a glitch that IT is working on. We'll see when it gets resolved.

"By Permission" Practice Rooms:

No checkouts till faculty present us with class and permission lists. (special cases may be made for students well-known to you who really desire practice time)


I'll update this post as I think of new things....

-Zac

No comments:

Post a Comment