I don't quite understand what is happening with Voyager, but everytime I am checking things out (rooms, metronomes, books) after about 8:00pm, the little space where it says TIME DUE always reads 9:00pm. Is this some global issue? Seems like no one is getting fines, but who knows?
Also with regards to the Piano Ensemble... I constantly find piano ensemble students using 216 in the evening, and they never check out the card. When I catch them, they all say their teacher told them to go use the room. (I don't believe) They don't really seem to care about our policy about checking out the rooms. Should I be concerned or just let it continue?
Geoff,
ReplyDeleteCould it be that the time due is actually 9am? I have seen that happen after the time due goes past the closing time of the lab (or maybe it's the closing time of Shatford that it's programmed for). Have a look and see if that's the case.
As for the 216 practice rooms we all need to be more diligent about checking in to see if rooms are being used without cards. Might I suggest an occasional check of 216, especially when whenever walking past or some other task. Have a look in the drawer and see if the cards equal the rooms being used. It's important for us to remind students of the posted policy: No card, no room!
Pam emailed a response:
ReplyDeleteHi Zac,
I keep trying to post to the blog, but something is not working for me.
Anyway, I checked out items Thursday night after 8PM and after
9PM and the due date was still 9PM of that day.
Pam
I'll call circulation and see what I can figure out.
Z
UPDATE:
ReplyDeletePearl Ly from the library said that the library defaults its end time on reserve materials to 9pm which is SHatford's closing time.
This is only a problem if it is a problem. Which is to say if people are ending up with fines. We have the option of post-dating each transaction, but that's VERY labor intensive and unnecessary if it is not causing any ACTUAL trouble (fines etc.).
Let me know if you become aware of anything problem that is caused by this Voyager/Shatford glitch.
This will only be the case on the days we are open till 10pm (Monday-Wednesday).
Z